Sit Happens offers a variety of different courses to suit each owner and dog’s needs.
Early Learning Program (5 weeks duration)
Things you and your puppy will learn:
- Training techniques and use of daily food intake
- Toilet Training and preventing mistakes
- Biting, mouthing, and handling
- Jumping and managing arousal
- Emotional development and life exposure
- Recognising canine body language and safe socialisation opportunities
Training cues: come, sit, take, give, finish, up, off
How to recognise and help prevent anxiety-based disorders such as aggression, noise phobias, separation issues, fear of handling, grooming and vet visits…..and more!
Combination Program (15 weeks duration)
This program includes: EVERYTHING from the Early Learning Program plus……….
- Learning Theory: how dogs learn and how to achieve the best response from your pet
- Managing inappropriate behaviours without intimidation and aversives
- Reward marking and fun with food
- Luring and fading lures
- Teaching your dogs to ‘think’ and ignore lifes distractions
- Lowering arousal levels and learning to calm your dog
- Mat Training and our secrets to the ‘whatever dog’
- Walk nicely on a lead
- Training a realiable recall with distractions
- Trick training and mini agiilty
Development Program (25 weeks duration)
Giving your dogs more!!!!!!
All of the above plus 10 casual classes on a Saturday afternoon with our Sit Happens ‘whatever dog’ community. These classes are in a range of locations aimed at extending all behaviours, learning more tricks, practicing safe socialisation and real life skills.